11/9/08

A Finder Halloween





Ok - here are our costumes. Basically, I had little motivation this year, so I didn't do ANY sewing (which is unlike me). I didn't spend as much either... most of it is recycled costumes.

Kael, of course is Spider-Man black suit (thanks, Mom for that costume), Oran is a "Vampirate", Ethan is a regular pirate (we couldn't do the make-up due to his face being swollen and rashy from poison ivy!), Hana is an elf.

They had a lot of fun, as usual. Too much candy, as usual. And, out too late, as usual -- but it was a good time - we went to Sonic after all the trick-or-treating, and that was an even better treat for them. And, it wasn't TOO cold, either. :-)


2 comments:

Dana said...

Impressive costumes! Wow, the kids look really great. Kael has quite the stance. He really knows what he's doing. Did you make these costumes another year? Can you make mine next year? I think Oran's is my personal favorite!

prism said...

I guess it didn't post before - here goes again..

Kael's - mom sent this to him for Christmas. The boys gave him some tips on how to pose for the camera - I thought that was funny.

Oran's - I purchased the shirt/vest combo (50% off), and also the hat with the hair attached, two new pirate swords.

Ethan's - Ripped/cut an old shirt of Rich's, Ethan's own striped shirt, cut off old pair of jeans, my leather grommeted belt, leftover piece of fabric for his bandanna, an old sword and two new ones.

Hana's - I sewed the dress for myself several years ago (which is why she had to hold it up), I made the cloak for Ethan's costume last year, purchased the elf ears last year, and put some sparkly leaves in her hair (hard to see in photo) which are holiday decorations. She had a sword at the trunk-or-treat, but it broke (was from last year) before Halloween.

The boys pretty much wear costumes year-round (or at least the cloaks), so there are usually several things to choose from. Fun stuff!